Companies in a wide variety of industries have been rapidly changing their outlook on the relationship between marketing and sales. Traditional sales efforts, like outbound cold calls, are no longer as effective as they used to be. Instead companies are turning to marketing automation to bridge the departmental gap and generate more qualified leads. Taking a look at marketing automation statistics, it’s no secret why companies are investing in this strategy in droves.
Here are 20 marketing automation statistics that’ll blow you away:
- Marketing automation has seen the fastest growth of any CRM-related segment in the last 5 years. (Hubspot)
- 79% of top-performing companies have been using marketing automation for over two years. (Pardot)
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads. (The Annuitas Group)
- Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months. (Gartner Research)
- Companies using marketing automation generate twice as many leads as those using just email software. (Autopilot)
- Customers will manage 85% of their relationships without talking to a human by 2020. (Gartner Research)
- 75% of companies that use marketing automation reported seeing increase in ROI in just 12 months. (Focus Research)
- 63% of companies indicated that the ability to set measurable objectives for each of their campaigns is the biggest marketing automation value driver. (Gleanster)
- Nurtured leads produce, on average, a 20% increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads. (DemandGen Report)
- 80% of marketing automation users saw their number of leads increase, and 77% saw the number of conversions increase. (Venture Beat)
- Companies that use marketing automation to nurture leads generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% less cost. (Forrester Research)
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than those who were not nurtured. (HubSpot)
- Marketing automation users have seen an average increase of sales revenues by 34%. (Pardot)
- Relevant emails sent with marketing automation software drive 18 times more revenue than just email blasts. (HubSpot)
- Event-triggered marketing can potentially save 80% of your direct mail budget. (Gartner Research)
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14%, and conversion rates by 10%. (Aberdeen Group)
- Industry leaders are 67% more likely to use a marketing automation platform. (Aberdeen Group)
- 76% of SaaS companies are using marketing automation. (Pardot)
- Content marketing produces 3 times more leads and costs less than paid search – 31% less for small and mid-sized companies and 41% less for large companies. (Kapost)
- 87% of top-performing marketers say targeting campaigns to audience segments and individual consumers is the largest value driver, with 78% listing segmentation as the #1 marketing-automation capability they can’t live without. (Gleanster)
Companies that use marketing automation are saving money by connecting with more targeted leads who are ready to buy. Although it can take some time to implement, these statistics prove that marketing automation is well worth the effort.
What marketing automation strategies have you implemented that have had a positive impact on your ROI? Do these statistics align with your experience? Comment Below!